Trustworthy – This rating is how consistent your coffee shop experience was. This could be whether you got good food regardless of what you ordered, drinks taste the same every time, the coffee shop is open on time, and the wifi workability is reliable.
– Not quite sure what you’re going to get – and not in a good way.
– Our experience was consistent and positive!
Appropriate – Coffee shops are intended to have a feel – Atmosphere, music, appeal to the coffee crowd, customer service, menu organization, consistency of deliverance (i.e. whether we consistently got latte art or not, getting a cool mug or having a cup stamped with a logo)
– The coffee shop wasn’t unique or something intended for atmosphere made us uncomfortable or the menu was hard to navigate
– Atmosphere was welcoming and comfortable, menus were simplistic and displayed options well, baristas asked us whether our coffee was for here or to go (your type of mug changes your experience!)
Smart – Automation for the Customer – taking care of the stuff that is hard to remember! We rated coffee shops on iPad ordering which calculates tips for you, whether baristas announce the person’s name who got the drink, and whether we were reminded or asked if we wanted a punch card.
– The lack of automation made something about the experience challenging or difficult. For example, putting the tip calculation for the highest percentage on the left and the lowest on the right, the opposite of what you would expect it to be with the intention to overcharge customers
– Automation added to the experience in a unique way
Responsive – This criterion is to review how quickly either the system or customer service responded to us. This includes experiences such as how fast you get your drink, how long it took to get someone’s attention, list of drinks pending, number of people in line, and customer service.
– Drinks or food were forgotten, we stood in line waiting for someone to help us for an unrealistic amount of time, the wait to get food or drinks was dissatisfying
– Baristas rapidly and positively responded to our presence in the coffee shop and immediately offered help with the menu and ordering. Our drinks were personalized and baristas had additional attention to our experience after receiving our products.
Clever – The intelligent anticipation of what we needed for our experience, or a way to help satisfy a need that we didn’t even know we had. For this criteria we looked for additional attention to detail such as elegant handwritten names on our drinks, what other items were sold in the coffee shop, or what food or drinks items were offered that were unique.
– They serve coffee, but nothing more.
– Our experience was enhanced above and beyond any typical coffee shop.
Ludic – Coffee shops had something that made you want to stay and hang out regardless of what you originally came to do.
– There wasn’t anything fun offered, it was clear the business didn’t want you to hang out.
– Multiple games, books, magazines, and other things were offered.
Pleasurable – Going to this coffee shop made our day!
– This interaction soured our mood a little.
– Can’t wait to go back!